Thursday, June 12, 2008

Biscornu Exchange

My partner in the I love Cross Stitch biscornu exchange finally received her package and so I can now post a picture. I sent her biscornu made from a Quaker freebie that I found on the internet. I also sent her some handmade soap, body lotion and some cashew brittle - all made in Pennsylvania. She said that she likes everything, and I am very glad. Enjoy Gabi!

We are finally here in Florida and I have to tell you that I am completely worn out. I am slowly progressing on unpacking, but the previous owner left everything really untidy so I am having to clean before I can put things away. The children are having a ball swimming everyday and they played on the beach for the first time since Ethan was a baby. I can tell that I am going to enjoy having such a big house. We are purchasing all new furniture except for the master bedroom and dd's room. I am so excited! I think that my husband is even going to get a flat screen television for the living room. The housekeeper's quarters are really nice and are very roomy. We are still on the hunt for a housekeeper/cook to live with us.

On the stitching front, I have not picked up a needle since we moved last week. I have to get stitching otherwise I will be late for Fair and Square. Well I have to get some rest so that I can continue unpacking tomorrow. Write more later!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you have arrived safely. It's horrible when you have to clean up after someone else, but at least you'll know it is clean. And what a lovely gift.

Carol R said...

Lovely exchange.

Glad you arrived safe ad sound in Fl. Your new house sounds lovely and I look forward to seeing some photos.

I was contemplating applying for the housekeeper's job but I think we would spend all the time stitching so the housekeeper would need a housekeeper :o)

I hope you all will be very happy in your new home

Gabi said...

Liking is an understatement...lol. I LOVE the biscornu I received and I am most delighted with the soap and cream as well. Because of being allergic against some preservatives I'm very happy with these hand made products. And they smell delicious. :)

Gabi

Sharon said...

gorgeous exchange! Glad to hear that your move went well.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love the biscornu you chose to stitch! The colors are lovely - what floss did you use? brdstitcher at gmail dot com