Sunday, April 3, 2011

On The Floor

Hello everyone, hope you are having a wonderful Sunday afternoon. My housekeeper Angela has been on vacation for the past week or so and I have been trying to keep up with things around here. I was mopping the kitchen floor on Tuesday and I slipped and heard a loud snap. The doctor informs me that nothing is broken but that there may be some soft tissue damage. I will hopefully be going for an MRI tomorrow to see what's going on inside my ankle. For the time being, I am in a cast and I have to use a walker to get around. I am lacking in upper body strength so I can't use crutches.

Good news though, I have been stitching. I am working on some tiny projects at the moment.




This is "Peep" a limited edition kit from Lizzie Kate. You can't tell from the picture, but it is stitched on fabric that is the palest shade of aqua.





This last one is from "Quaker Christmas Smalls" from Milady's Needle and is worked on 40 count cream linen using my friend Molly's thread conversions. The original recommended threads are CC Belle Soie Silks and she changed them to CC over dyed cottons.

Well, after my fall, I have loads of time to stitch and also be terribly bored. I'm the type of person who must generally be up and about at all times. In other words, a true busy body. My family is already sick of me and it hasn't even been a week! Any tips on learning to be a better invalid would be greatly appreciated.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Gillie said...

Just remember that when you are upright again you'll be wishing you had lots of time to stitch, lol! So sorry, Amy, hope it's not too painful.

Rita said...

Beautiful stitching!

So sorry about your fall. I hope you're "back together again" asap.

Nancy M said...

Sorry about the fall! It is good to give you more stitching time though. Love the cute LK piece!!!! It just makes me smile.