Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Still Here...

Thanks to those who have sent messages asking if I am okay. I am okay and so is my father for the time being. We just received word that the doctor seems to have removed all of the cancer and now we are waiting for some blood tests to come in. For those of you who don't know, my father is a doctor and he practices in Palm Beach. He will be going into semi-retirement and is taking a job with a small practice of other semi-retired doctors in Georgia. He leaves for Georgia after the Labor Day holiday. My mother will stay behind and try to sell their home in Florida.

I have received a ton of stash over the summer, too much to mention. I have been keeping up with all of the new Shepherd's Bush, Lizzie Kate, Country Cottage Needleworks and Little House Needleworks. I have pretty much completed all of my exchange commitments for the summer. I signed up for way too much, but hey it was my first group of exchanges and I was soooo excited. True to form, I have signed up for too many swaps for the fall and Christmas. I like to keep busy, and that I will certainly be come September.

On the home front, all is well in the Miller house. Our live-in Leslie Anne is working out better than expected. We are eating very well and at home 99% of the time. As little as two months ago, we were eating the majority of our meals out. I know that Milsey is thrilled because he HATES to eat out. I on the other hand, LOVE IT! I would eat all of my meals out if I could. It just isn't practical.

School has started at our house, well sort of. We home school our children so we can start when we like. We purchased new Spanish software over the summer and so the children are continuing their language training as we speak. School will be in full swing in the next few weeks.

We have settled into a routine here in Florida. Thanks to some very friendly residents, we have found doctors, dentists, hairstylists, and a nail salon. I have found some nice places to shop and we are generally enjoying ourselves. Well that's about it for me. I promise I will be more consistent with my blogging and keep everyone updated with what's going on around here. Thanks for your patience.

2 comments:

Carol R said...

Welcome back Amy- I popped in to see if you were back and here you are!

I am pleased to hear that all is well with your father and I hope he enjoys his semi-retirement in Georgia.

I look forward to seeing all your wips and finishes!

I'm with you on the eating out!

Nancy M said...

Good to have you back, looking forward to seeing your exchanges! Good luck to your father and his semi retirement!