Monday, June 8, 2009

For Sale?

I finally found something to stitch. I started Country Cottage Needleworks "Little Ballerinas" about a week ago and I finally finished it today. I would have finished it sooner but I had to order the Crescent Colours threads from Mary Kathryn and it took a little while for them to arrive. Anyway, they showed up in the post today and so I put the last stitch in around one o'clock this afternoon. I left the personalization blank because I wanted to save it in case Milsey and I have another baby girl. We would like to have another child but, with me being sick, it just hasn't seemed like the right time. I took the piece to a meeting this evening and one of the ladies fell in love with it. She said that her four year old grand daughter just danced in her first ballet recital and that my piece would be a perfect present for little Micaeli. I have never sold one of my pieces and I didn't know what to say to her. I have a very hard time parting with my work and wasn't sure if I should sell it. After talking to Milsey, I decided that I could stitch the piece again because I accidentally ordered the threads twice. I brought the piece home tonight and personalized it for Micaeli and Margie will pick it up tomorrow. I had also ordered the frame for it and so she wanted that as well. I still feel a little strange parting with my work, but I am sure that Micaeli will love it as much as I do. Below are pics of the finished piece and a pic of the frame.




After seeing Vonna's Miss Crescent's Crowne "All In A Heart" piece, I had to do it myself. I dug through my stash and found mine and so I started it today. It is a very easy stitch and I am enjoying it immensely. Well, I want to get back to my stitching. Have a wonderful evening.

9 comments:

Wawanna said...

It is absolutely precious! just darling, no kiddin. Love everything about it, and you did such an outstanding job of stitching it with those flying needles.

Barbi said...

Both pieces are gorgeous!! I love the ballerinas. The colors are so soft and pretty

Michele said...

what a sweet finish .. and what a wonderful compliment on your piece that she wanted to purchase it. I'm sure the little girl will love it :)

I also love your new start .. looks like fun!

Carol R said...

Gorgeous ballerinas!

Brenda Lou said...

That is just adorable! Pretty soft, muted colors.

Nancy M said...

I stitched this one for my niece and then got Princess Parade to do someday for my new granddaughter. They are adorable and fun stitches!

Jennifer said...

Very cute! I wouldn't feel weird about selling your work, especially if you think it's for a fair price, and you know that the little girl is going to love it! I'm almost done stitching this piece for my niece - she loved the pattern when she saw it and can't wait to get it.

Sharon said...

Fabulous finish! what a huge compliment that she wanted to buy that! Though I like you would have a hard time parting with it.

Maren said...

You've done a marvelous job, from the stitching to the framing. It's just precious. Micaeli will love it; and so will your own little one when you get the second one done.