Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hello Out There...

Hi friends, long time no speak. I really should be posting more often considering the fact that I am still laid up with my ankle. I have my third doctor's appointment next Wednesday and that is when the doctor will decide if surgery is in my future. I am hoping that the tendon has healed some and that I won't have to go through another surgery. I sooooo don't want to go through another surgical procedure. By the time the date rolls around, I have made myself sick with worry over nothing. The last time I had surgery, I was convinced that I was going to die on the table. I even picked out a close friend as my husband's next wife. I wanted to make sure that he was taken care of and that my children had a nice replacement for me. I think that by the time that it was over, my poor husband was nearly driven to the brink of insanity. Sorry honey, I love you!

I have been keeping myself very busy with stitching and reading. I have been reading the Stephanie Plum series of books by Janet Evanovich. I am currently reading the fourth book in the series. I am hooked. I have read three books in three days and can't put the books down. Milsey went to the library and checked out all the books in the series that they had available. I love these books and am laughing so much while reading them. It's hard to be in a grumpy mood while reading these. I have been stitching for several exchanges and so I don't have any pictures to share. I have two more exchanges due at the end of February and then that's it for me. I am going to continue on in the Prairie Schooler exchange group that I joined, but that's about it. I have been so disappointed lately with exchanging. All that work for not much in return! I am still doing personal exchanges and if you are interested in a private exchange, please email me at tangerinedream73@gmail.com Thanks to all who have sent good wishes during a very difficult time. I truly appreciate your words of kindness. Talk more soon!

10 comments:

Carol R said...

Sending you healing hugs!

Gabi said...

Hope you feel better soon and I will cross fingers that you won't need a surgery. :)

Carolyn said...

Oh, I hope you are feeling better soon. At least you are getting some good reading and stitching in. :) I can't remember if we've talked before, but I'm from Fdna. Bch, too! It just tickled me to see that on your blog. I miss it so much! When that ankle heals, take a walk down Atlantic Blvd. for me, okay?

Hugs,
Carolyn :)

Nancy M said...

I haven't done a ton of exchanges, but I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. Hope you have an answer about your surgery and that you don't have to have it!

Natasha said...

(((HUGS)) hoping you dont need surgery either. Prayers for a fast recovery!

Thank you for the birthday wishes :)
Natasha

Lynn B said...

Hi Amy
I do hope you are feeling better soon. I have posted the picture, but it is on Hooked on Exchanging Too as I do not have access to the other blog, I am glad you liked it!

Beth said...

Is that the "One For the Money", etc. series? If so, I have 11 and 13 in hardcover. Let me know if you'd like them!

Take care of yourself, girl! And thank you for the wonderful goodies! I'm getting ready to take the picture and will send it to you!

Love,
Beth

Wawanna said...

Precious one, for you are so very precious to the Lord, your blog is darling! Thoroughly enjoyed visiting, I am so very sorry you are having such tough health issues. You are in my thoughts & prayers every day. Can't wait to see how this latest adventure of sourdough bread baking turns out! Thanks so much for the awesome goodies you sent - I was overwhealmed by your generosity and grace! Hugs & Kisses

:: wee bird :: said...

hi,first time at your blog.You have a pretty one!
hopefully no surgery,I sprained my ankle really bad about three or four years ago and it still acts up.
Anywaymend wishes coming your way from Sue in Canada

BeckySC said...

Amy, please contact me regarding the PS exchange AS soon as you can.
Thanks so much :)