Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm In A Rut...

I want to stitch. I mean I really really do, but I think that I am in a stitching rut! All I have been doing since May is stitching for exchanges. I haven't stitched a single thing for myself. Okay I did stitch a pyn pillow for me, but I ended up giving it away in another exchange. I need help! I even joined a blog designed for motivation of procrastinators and serial starters. It's not helping. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Trust me when I say that it isn't due to lack of projects. I have soooooooo much stash. If it were a bra, June would definitely be bustin' out all over. I just don't feel like stitching. I have two exchanges due after the start of the year, but I just can't motivate myself to pull out something and work on it. I really am overthinking this aren't I? Help!!!!!!

5 comments:

Carol R said...

I hope you find your stitching mojo soon!

I think you should chose a project just for you - something you really want to hang on your walls or an special ornament for your tree and make a start on that. Or join an SAL so you will have to post regular updates!

mercy said...

sorry to hear you're in a stitching slump. Maybe you should stay away from stitching for a few days and see if it comes back to you, that sometimes does it for me or you can stitch something really tiny for yourself...the instant gratification may also help.

Nancy M said...

Maybe it's all the exchanges and the pressure to get them done that has you down. You just posted in Sept a ton of stash you bought. Isn't there something in there that you would like to stitch just for you??? And I agree with Carol. Join a SAL after you pick a pattern, so you will want to show progress photos on your dedication. If all is said and done and that doesn't do it, then take a break. Stitching is supposed to be relaxing, not a chore. I would rather stitch gifts as RAK's instead of being commmitted to exchanges. But that's just me. Hope my rambling helped a bit!! LOL

Pike said...

Sorry to hear, Amy! Don't worry, it'll come back - just enjoy your family and Pickles!

Go through your stast and pick the floss you would like to stitch. next day try to find a suitable pattern... maybe I'd like to see something ready, and just for yourself!!!

Pirjo from Finland

Hazel said...

Take a break from it then go and browse some blogs for inspiration. Pick a small project that can be finished rather quickly and do it for you!! Don't think about the exchanges for a couple of weeks, you'll still have plenty of time. xx